The new website went up this week on Tuesday afternoon. Take a look and explore. Everything from the old website is still there; it may be in a slightly different place. For example, KIDS@PUMC and Youth Ministry were under the menu item “Get Involved,” now, on the new website, they are located under “What’s Going On,” then click on “Ministries.”
One of the significant changes coming up by the end of July, is the phasing out of the mobile app. The app has been successful and is getting used regularly, but it does not integrate well with our website or current communications pathways; it is also labor-intensive to update each week and it’s expensive. By switching to the new website, PUMC will save close to $3000/year. The new website is built on a responsive framework, allowing it to scale and format to fit all devices. You can access the website from your mobile devices just like an app by following these easy instructions to save a pumc.org icon to your mobile device home screen.
- Navigate to http://www.pumc.org on your iPhone’s web browser (most likely Safari).
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see an icon depicting an arrow that looks like it’s trying to get away from a square. Tap this button.
- Once tapped, you will have a few options. Swipe left on the bottom row until you see the “Add to Home Screen” option. Select this one.
- You’ll be asked to choose a name for the home screen icon; hit ‘add’ in the top left when you’ve picked one. When you’re done, it’ll show up on your home screen.
- First, navigate to http://www.pumc.org on your phone’s web browser.
- Then touch the overflow button (three vertical dots) and select Add to Home Screen.
- Touch Add, and the site will join your other apps and widgets.
- One recommendation: you can customize the text below the icon, by touching the text inside the Add to Home Screen box, and change it. When you’re done, it’ll show up on your home screen.
- If you have any questions about the new website, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the new website, please email me at email@example.com.