Plainfield UMC is looking for a part-time custodian (20-29 hours/week). The custodian position is under the direct supervision of the Facility Manager and supports the needs and requests of the church staff and children’s ministries with the following duties & responsibilities.
- Vacuum all carpeted floors; clean tile floors
- Check for proper operation of restroom facilities while keeping adequate supplies available.
- Dust furniture, entryways, window sills, coat racks, doors, and baseboards as needed.
- Wash windows as needed.
- Mop kitchen floor as needed.
- Empty wastebaskets and trash containers daily; empty recycle containers as needed.
- Sweep staff offices once per week or as needed.
- Keep entryways at all entrances/exits clean to prevent accidents or hazardous conditions, especially during inclement weather.
- Mop south stairways as needed.
- Spot clean carpets as needed.
- Other duties as specified by the Board of Trustees/Facility Manager.
- Sweep/clean/shovel sidewalks as needed.
- Wash ‘door’ windows when needed.
- Report any unusual or safety-related issues that may require the attention of the Facilities Manager, Office Staff, or local authorities (Police, Fire Department) as the situation demands.
- See that church-owned equipment used by the custodian/housekeeper is appropriately maintained.
- Alert the facility manager to any needed repairs or maintenance concerns.
If you are interested in applying for this job (or know someone who would be a good fit), please fill out an application at pumc.link/job-application.