Application MUST be filled out online before you will be considered for this position. Go to: pumc.link/jobapplication2022a to complete the application.
Plainfield UMC (PUMC) is looking for a self-starting, responsible individual to become PUMC’s Custodian.
The custodian position is a 30-hour-a-week job under the Facility Manager’s direct supervisory responsibility and accountability. The work supports the needs and requests of the church staff and children’s ministries per the duties mentioned in the job description.
- Vacuum all carpeted floors; clean tile floors
- Check for proper operation of restroom facilities while keeping adequate supplies available at all times.
- Dust furniture, entryways, window sills, coat racks, doors, and baseboards as needed.
- Wash windows as needed.
- Mop kitchen floor as needed.
- Empty waste baskets and trash containers daily; empty recycle containers as needed.
- Sweep staff offices once per week or as needed.
- Keep entryways at all entrances/exits clean to prevent accidents or hazardous conditions, especially in inclement weather.
- Mop south stairways as needed.
- Spot clean carpets as needed.
- Other duties as specified by the Board of Trustees/Facility Manager
- Sweep/clean/shovel sidewalks as needed.
- Wash ‘door’ windows when needed.
- Report any unusual or safety-related issues which may require attention to prevent damage to the property or persons to the Facilities Manager, Office Staff, or local authorities (Police, Fire Department) as the situation demands.
- See that church-owned equipment used by the custodian/housekeeper is maintained correctly.
- Alert the facility manager of any repairs that may be needed
If you are interested or know someone who would be a good fit, please direct them to fill out an application from the link above.